I hate mushy bananas. I actually don’t really love bananas ever.. which is why I always end up with overripe bananas sitting on my counter.
If you’re in the same boat, I definitely recommend trying this recipe out! Disclaimers: (1) I didn’t have a muffin pan so this is actually more like a crumbly bread and (2) It isn’t exactly the healthiest muffin recipe but it isn’t overly sweet either.. sorry but moderation is key. Plus I ran 20 miles so why not.
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 bananas
Cinnamon topping ingredients
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash all 3 bananas, leave on the side for now.
- Mix together the dry ingredients (do not include the ingredients for the cinnamon topping) in a large bowl – flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the sugar and butter together in a separate bowl. Add in the egg and vanilla, whisk together. Then mix in the mashed bananas.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together and scoop into muffin cups or a square baking pan (if you’re like me).
- Moving on to the cinnamon topping. Combine flour, sugar and cinnamon. Mix in softened butter – the mix will become crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Bake! (20 ish minutes for muffins, 45-60 minutes for bread)
*I recommend going with muffins over bread for this recipe.. next time!